Every researcher has to ensure a few steps before and after a research paper.
But, have you heard about it?
Maybe yes, maybe no!
But nothing is holding us back from putting this for you.
Pre-Research Writing Rituals
- Who says that preparing your desk before beginning to write cannot do wonders? It is important for you to gather your research and study your facts properly before writing.
- Try writing longhand in the horizontal position; this will help you maintain a long writing spree.
- Take a walk or bike ride without a destination in mind; this will help your brain to foster creativity.
- You can also listen to inspirational movie soundtracks preferably without words so that your brain functions in synergy with your thoughts.
- You must know when you can write at a time of day that suits your productivity. Use this time in the most effective manner.
- Try the exhilaration and pain-saving exercise of writing while standing because your body will need some changes in the posture due to being in a same position for a longer period of time.
- Humans are bound to either accept the challenges or deny them. Set a timer and challenge yourself to write a first draft. This doesn’t give you time to go back and edit your sentences, and thus silences your inner critic
- Always remember that the first draft is not the final draft. You can modify it later based on your need.
- Fix your start or finish date. This is necessary because your mind will have a deadline and then it will devise working structure accordingly.
- Pick a writing ritual that inspires you as it boosts confidence and improves motivation for better writing.
- You can maintain a ‘writing log’ to record the number of words written each day. As you will see the numbers are increasing that will motivate you to write more and finish the task instantly.
- Setting a minimum and maximum target for each day will help you attain small goals of completion.
- Use Power Hour, in this work for 25 minutes and take a break for 5 minutes. This will give your brain a constructive gap which will induce creativity and productive writing style.
- · Unplug: no texting, no email, no Facebook, no Instagram. Trust us, this helps. Once you avoid all the distractions to complete the task, you are more likely to complete it at the earliest.
- Start with writing an outline. This will give a brief idea of how the research paper will turn out.
- Try to set 20 minutes a day just for brainstorming because you will have specific topics to complete and writing it in the most creative way will make your research paper reader friendly.
- Pushing yourself physically prepares you to work hard mentally because a healthy body will foster a healthy brain which will help you reach your end goal.
- You should embrace the struggle and do the hard work because this research paper will be a representation of your skills.
Post-Research Writing Rituals
- You should finish well in advance of the submission deadline and spend time polishing the draft.
- You should read through the full draft to take in the bigger picture of what you have written-
- Consider if there’s anything you want to change while you were reading the draft.
- Find if there’s something that needs to be developed more because there are developments happening every day.
- You should try to identify and fill the gaps in the research, if you find any. This will ensure that you are providing value to your readers.
- Do a spell check and grammar check to see that the content is reader-friendly and the idea is communicated well.
We hope that you have now understood the pre and post writing rituals which will yield the best results for you. As it sounds self- paced and progressive, this will give you all an opportunity to embrace your writing style.